Get your 2018/19 Tax Return filled in & submitted FREE!
Wandsworth Council will pay for self-employed Wandsworth residents’ tax returns for the financial year 2018/19. This tax return service is FREE but you only have until Sunday* this week to apply. If you apply in time, Wandsworth Council will cover the cost for you.
The Government has put in place a range of measures for self-employed individuals, including a Self-employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS). This will provide direct cash grants worth 80% of trading profits up to a maximum of £2,500 per month for self-employed individuals with profits of less than £50,000 per annum. To be eligible for this scheme, you will need to have submitted your tax returns for 2018-19 in just a few days’ time. Wandsworth Council are keen to facilitate this as part of their help to small businesses during the Coronavirus crisis.
The deadline to apply for this free offer is this coming Sunday 19* April. Once you have applied, your actual 2018-19 tax return will need to be submitted to HMRC by Thursday 23 April, so time is of the essence. However, that’s where Taxfile comes in. We’ll get all the figures entered and submit to HMRC on your behalf. Wandsworth Council will pay our fees if you applied no later than their 19 April* deadline.
To be eligible, you must:
Taxfile is pleased to welcome the opening of the new branch in Battersea, London SW8. This joins its sister branches at Dulwich, Tulse Hill and the West Country — what a great family!
Our latest email newsletter is available to online (see link below). Here is a brief introduction to just a few of the articles included:
- If you work in the construction industry as sub-contractor or limited company, we may be able to help. Let us see if you are due a tax refund or help you register for CIS if you are not already set up.
- We operative a refer-a-friend discount; please ask us for details and save money!
- We pride ourselves in being a multi-lingual company. Our staff speak many languages including English, Arabic, Dari, Dutch, French, Hungarian, Pashto, Polish and Russian.
- We can help you avoid late payment filing fees. Since May this year, HMRC are adding £10 per day to any fine for late filing! So, don’t delay – get in touch and we’ll help to minimise your fine and to get your tax affairs in order.
- All of our clients get free Tax Enquiry Fee Protection Insurance. Please ask us for more details (terms apply).
Season’s greetings to all of our customers and readers. Our thanks to you for your custom and for being a reader of this blog. We really appreciate it!
Taxfile’s branch in Turney Road (Dulwich) will close for Christmas Day and Boxing Day (Monday 25 & Tuesday 26 December respectively) and also for New Year’s Day (1 January 2018). Apart from that, we’re open 5 days a week as usual. So if you have any tax and accountancy-related issues you’d like our help with, please get in touch. Here’s the full picture: Read more
Taxfile’s Autumn 2017 newsletter for limited company clients is ready to view. It’s jam-packed full of useful tax- and Taxfile-related news so grab a hot drink and take a ten minute read. It may save you money and will certainly make you aware of some important HMRC deadlines coming up in the near future. Articles include:
- Farewell to Ali
- Bank Downloads Save Time & Money
- Deadlines & Key Dates
- The Future is Digital
- Accounting for VAT
- Have you made a Capital Gain?
- Assets Overseas? Non-Resident Landlord? Read This!
- Do you Employ People?
- C.I.S. Subbies: Claim your Tax Refund for Christmas!
- The Benefits of Using Taxfile
- All Your Tax & Accounting Needs Taken Care of
- Tax Affairs in a Mess?
- Who Works at Taxfile?
You can Read more
Taxfile is delighted to be a Finalist in the ‘Independent Firm of the Year, Greater London‘ category of the sixth annual British Accountancy Awards 2016. It’s a great honour and Taxfile’s Founder, Guy Bridger, would like to pass on his congratulations to all Taxfile staff, particularly Julie, Ewelina, Faiz and Ali, as this is recognition for all their hard work. Taking place on the 29th of November at The Brewery, London, the event promises to be a night to remember with a three-course dinner, guest host and the Awards ceremony itself. More information about the awards, and those shortlisted, is available here.
Taxfile’s Dulwich office specialises in accountancy-related work for limited companies and SMEs. Part of that includes year end accounts as well as handling of corporation tax, income tax and payroll, NI, VAT and company formations. Taxfile also recently launched its service to help companies with their Auto Enrolment duties in relation to the new Workplace Pensions. So, really, Taxfile can help with anything from simple bookkeeping and tax returns to complex tax problems. Call 0208 761 8000 for further information, book a 20 minute appointment online here or send us an emailed message here and we’ll be happy to help.
The Dulwich office of Taxfile is at 11a Turney Road, London SE21 8LX.
Check out our latest newsletter for our limited company clients. This was recently emailed to our client database, however if you missed it, here’s another chance to find out more.
The newsletter includes:
- a thank you to all clients;
- updates on Ali and Daniel following their return from their Summer breaks;
- news about Lynsey who is now offering help with Auto Enrolment duties in relation to Workplace Pensions;
- confirmation of the various VAT-related services available from Sue, Dominika and Magda;
- updates about Guy’s services and availability in London from Tuesdays to Fridays inclusive;
- opening times for the Dulwich office;
- free Tax Enquiry Fee Protection Insurance for Taxfile customers;
- a customer feedback request from Guy;
- accounting software to make your life easier, save you time and much more;
- and finally, a sad farewell. Read more
Maybe your small business is still doing its accounts via paper-based records or perhaps you have an accounts package that is simply not measuring up. Either way Taxfile can help point you in the right direction with a new, all-singing, all-dancing modern package that is fit for the 21st Century. They can give you advice as to which software will best suit your needs and circumstances and help to get you up and running in no time at all.
FreeAgent, Xero or Sage One
The cloud-based accounts packages recommended by Taxfile include FreeAgent, Xero or Sage One and any one of them will allow you to keep your bookkeeping and accounting records up to date while remaining accessible from anywhere with an internet connection. All three packages include: Read more
Calling all South London small businesses – claim your FREE* Sage accounts & bookkeeping package from Dulwich accountants Taxfile.
When you’re an active client of Taxfile, whether new or existing, we can supply you with your own Sage accounting package, free of charge*, and we’ll even help set it up for you! There are various packages to choose from and we’re happy to advise which is best for you and your small business. They’re great for anything from simple bookkeeping to full accounts handling, allowing easy record-keeping, bank reconciliation, the handling of VAT (including VAT returns), RTI submissions, automatic tax and National Insurance calculations and filing, and even Auto Enrolment communications for your employees. There is also a low-cost Payroll bolt-on option for those who would like to control their own payroll.
The Sage Software Packages:
- Our free* ‘Sage One Cashbook’ package is great for bookkeeping and cash flow management — perfect for sole traders and cash-based businesses. It’s cloud-based so all you need is an internet connection and you can access your records from anywhere;
- Our free* ‘Sage One Accounting’ package is better suited for small businesses, including start-ups, and includes the ability to manage finances, create quotations and invoices (including via a phone/tablet app), prepare VAT returns and even automatically stream your bank statement information straight into the package via an automatic ‘feed’ making it great for bank reconciliation and helping to make sure you account for all your business expenses. The integral bank feed even learns how to recognise regular transactions so the software is able to account for them in the best way;
- Our ‘Sage One Payroll’ package is a low-cost bolt-on for the above, suitable for businesses who want to handle their own payroll (fully, or assisted by Taxfile) and who have 15 employees or less. It helps small businesses sort out payroll including payslips and tax calculations as well as helping them to stay within the law, keep up to date on financial regulations and even handle RTI submissions and employees’ Workplace Pension Auto-Enrolment communications. Nearly all small businesses with employees must implement such communications to inform employees of their rights in respect to Workplace Pension contributions, so such automation is a great feature and an immense time-saver.
All the software packages are secure, cloud-based so can be accessed from anywhere that has an internet connection, and have direct links to HMRC for easy filing, where appropriate, for things like tax returns, VAT returns, National Insurance and RTI etc. Calculation of what’s due to HMRC can be automated with the software and then paid and filed from the package. Such links and automation will become more and more useful and important into the future as Read more
We’re pleased to announce that Taxfile customers can now download our latest newsletter in Acrobat PDF format right here. Featuring in this Autumn newsletter are the following:
- Early Birds save 5% by coming to Taxfile before Christmas;
- Write a testimonial about Taxfile’s service and save £10 off your Taxfile bill;
- Introduce a new client to Taxfile and save 12½% off our prices;
- Taxfile’s latest high-tech services & facilities;
- Useful tips;
- And much more!
Left-click this link to open the Acrobat PDF in a new browser window. Most browsers will be able to display the PDF but if yours does not, right-click the link instead, then choose the option to save the file to your hard drive before manually opening it in Acrobat.
Hop over to The Tax Blog to get the excellent Sage One Cashbook online accounting, cashflow and bookkeeping package totally free of charge if you’re a Taxfile/Guy Bridger Ltd client. No strings attached — we pay your subscription for you and even help set you up on it! Think of it as our Christmas present to all our lovely customers.
Sage One Cashbook makes accounting and bookkeeping a breeze and keeps all your data safe, secure and backed-up online. Access it from anywhere with an internet connection. With your permission it even allows us to collaborate with you in real time to make accountancy and tax calculations quicker and easier then ever. If you like it you can even upgrade to include things like payroll, for a fairly negligible monthly cost. Learn more here but don’t hang around; this offer is going to be popular so sign up before it’s gone!